Friday, May 28, 2010

More Details Please!

OK so I have found what I was looking for....I found an Event Planning company that uses questionnaires to get a detailed brief from their prospective clients. They ask a number of questions that provide enough information to go forward in planning an event.

http://www.pivotalevents.com/pdfs/pivotal_events_questionnaire.pdf"

I Love the questionnaire, it appeals to the Economists in me...but there is an emotional side to the brief that i don't think the questionnaire will be able to capture. Sure, it will capture the specifics, but there is also the not so specific aspect.

I remember when I was planning my wedding, there was a certain vibe/feel that I wanted my wedding to have. I didn't know how to communicate it through words, but I would download pictures from the Internet to illustrate the feel I wanted.

This emotional element (what I am calling 'the feel') is a little harder to capture through such objective data collection methods.

So I am thinking now that after administering a questionnaire to clients (to get the raw data), then the next important aspect is to meet with them and gauge their vision for the event, this includes; asking for pictures of the similar events that they like/love, asking them about the feelings they want to evoke in their guests and basically capturing their personal vibe (such as whether they are sophisticated or eclectic).

Its important to know their design aesthetic, and on that note I need to do some research on design styles and maybe put a label on mine.

Then, the event planner should be able to assimilate and analyse all this data both objectively and subjectively and transform it all into a stellar event.

Cool, I Like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment